May 17, 2011

Weekend Post

Wouldn't you know, I've been working on this post for the past hour and I leave the computer for a minute, Elias comes over and erases the entire thing...Gah!!! So we took a 20 minute break and danced to MJ's "Beat It", just because I can't handle how cute Elias is when he dances to his favorite song, and what better way to cure any type of aggression slightly bummed out-ness.
Sooo, like I said yesterday I had a really great weekend. Cisco surprised me last week with a little getaway to Dana Point for my Mother's Day gift / super belated anniversary trip, for last years anniversary we never got around to celebrating. We stayed at the Blue Lantern Inn and I have to say, it was incredibly impressive. It's definitely a place worth giving a little shout out to! Besides being just downright lovely, it was wonderfully clean and adorable in every way. Even the two ladies who run it were uncommonly friendly and helpful and made you feel immediately comfortable. We went out for sushi that night and I fell in love with it all over again. It's amazing the difference of having "good" sushi and "amazing" sushi, cause there totally is! I've only had "amazing" sushi maybe 3 times, and all 3 times I left convinced I could happily eat sushi for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for the rest of my life.
The next day we went to the San Juan Capistrano mission and then up to The Lab in Costa Mesa for lunch and to do some shopping. While most of it was mainly "window shopping" I did find a few amazing deals at Urban Outfitters on jewelry

Can't beat a dragonfly pocket watch necklace for $10 and a gorgeous vintage looking cuff for $4.99! I also got earrings for $4.99, but those didn't make it into the picture...I was wearing them when I took it!
All in all, it was a great time together and we were excited to come home and squeeze our boys, who were happily having a blast with our friends Carrie and Frances. The perfect end to a perfect weekend: RAIN. I know. I'm weird. I'll be posting more on this later this week. My weirdness and my lifelong love for rain. :)

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs