February 24, 2009

Argh...

So I had my regular doctor appointment today and we were discussing what happened at the peri a couple weeks back. Just as she was getting the dopplar to listen to the heartbeat, she paused and said, "It's been known to happen that they won't hear it during the echocardiogram, but then they'll come back to my office and I'll hear it again." Sure enough, the second she found the heartbeat it skipped. And kept skipping.
I have my appointment with the peri in San Diego on March 3rd, which is next week, so that's good. I have to tell them that we heard it again and luckily Cisco was there this time to hear it too. I'm going to start making a list of questions for the peri, as last time I was so dazed I couldn't think of anything to ask. But since it looks like it hasn't gone away I want to know what exactly we're looking at.
Dr. Lebo (my OB) said that it's not a problem right now and that he's fine as long as he's in the womb. I guess the problem will be when I have him and he starts breathing on his own and his circulation switches over. Hence the need to give birth where they have a NICU, as he'd have to be in an incubator for a bit. So...we'll see. Hopefully we'll know more next week and little Elias will be more willing to turn around for the camera. :) And hopefully we won't have to keep going back and forth from "he has it, he doesn't have it..."
If anyone has any suggestions for what questions would be good to ask the peri, please, suggest away!! This definitely isn't one of my strong points...

2 comments:

Chris and Jenn said...

Hey Melissa! I saw on your facebook chat with Melinda that you had a blog so here I am checking it out :) I had no idea you guys were going through all this with your pregnancy. I will for sure be praying!!!! All my sister in laws pregnancies have had some sort of heart conditions. I will ask her what questions you might want/need to know, and get back to you. Also you can check out our blog too at www.thejenkinscrew.blogspot.com

jenkins family six said...

Hi, My name is Stephanie I am Jenns sister in law. I happened to be looking at blogs and stumbled across yours. I have had 2 children with heart conditions. One of which we didn't know of until after she was born. Lucky for you they have noticed on your little boy's while he's still cooking. If they are sending you to a peri dr. they will be able to look at evey detail of his heart and see what's happening with it and if there is anything wrong at least they will be prepared for it when he comes out which is most important. Praise the Lord they are chercking because when they don't know until after they are born it can get alot worse. I will be praying for your family. Like you said He has walked this road before us and knows what He is doing.

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs