February 27, 2009

Keepin us on our toes

Today we had a bit of a scare. Elias decided to barely move for the last two days, which ended up with us in the hospital this afternoon. I noticed last night when I got into bed that he wasn't doing his usual practice of martial arts. (I had a busy day yesterday, but when I thought about it I realized that I hadn't felt him move really at all that day.) I told Cisco but we both decided we'd see what happened through the night and the next morning. Well, I didn't sleep hardly at all, waiting for this guy to move, which he finally did somewhere around 4 in the morning. However, his movements were very faint, not the usual swift quicks he's become so good at delivering.
All morning I waited and tried different things, waiting for movement. But again, very few and very faint movements, if anything. Around 2:00 I called my OB who told me to lay on my left side for an hour after having something to eat and drinking some cold juice. I was to count the number of movements in an hour and if it was under 6 to call her back. So I did just that, and after an hour he'd moved about a total of 3 times, with only 1 of those times being really noticeable. Now, usually this kid goes nuts when I drink anything cold and he ALWAYS does when I eat. So I was pretty concerned at this point. Plus, this whole arrhythmia thing has me a little more on edge nowadays, I think more because I have no idea what's going on...he has it, he doesn't, then he has it again....WHAT?!?
So, called the doctor, who then sent us to the hospital to be monitored. Well, wouldn't you know it, the SECOND (and I mean the very second) the nurse put the monitor on my stomach Elias starts kicking like CRAZY! I felt so stupid and the nurse just started laughing. My stomach was jumping all over the place and she just looks over and says, "Please tell me you feel that". Ummm, yes, I did.
We were there for about 45 minutes, all the while my little stinker was gettin out all the wiggles he'd been holding in for the past couple days! :) He hasn't stopped moving pretty much the rest of this evening, putting his mom's mind at ease.
Glad to be home, glad to still be pregnant, and glad that everything is ok! Our appointment with the perintologist changed to Wednesday afternoon, so now we're just waiting till then to (hopefully) find out more about the arrhythmia or whatever is going on. Thank you all for your prayers, we love you all!

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs