February 2, 2009

Good news!

We had our doctor appointment today, and praise the Lord everything looked fine! The heartbeat sounded good and from what they could tell, the structure looked great too. I say "from what they could tell" because the little stinker was facing my back and would NOT turn around for anything! She had me on the table for over an hour and he never did turn fully around. :o) Sooo, we go back in a month just to make sure and hopefully he'll be a little more cooperative this time. His heartbeat sounded great though, definitely a big difference from my last appointment. I asked the doctor about that and he said that when the heart is growing and developing a lot of times it will contract and can come out sounding like an arrhythmia if you happen to be listening to it at that moment. So it may just be that we so happened to be listening at one of those moments. While I'm reassured little Elias is fine, I'm glad we have one more appointment just to be sure! Plus, it's just so great to see him in the ultrasound!
I'll have to find a way to scan photos on here, she got a great profile shot of him today. At one point he turned his face fully to the screen and when the technician commented on it, his arm shot in front of his face so we couldn't see him anymore. Apparently, he's a shy one! We also got to see his mouth opening and closing, it was seriously amazing. One more thing, while I've been wondering for the past few weeks at why I don't feel him move that much, now I know for sure. He's a mellow one! This guy is seriously chill...

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs