April 17, 2011

Laundry Detergent!

Yesterday I made the laundry detergent and so far, I'm sold! I've only done one load with it so far, so I know it's hard to make a concrete judgment call. But that load came out clean, smelling like spring heaven, and super soft. Plus, there's that bit of inner satisfaction knowing that you used an all natural detergent that you made yourself....some may not find that wonderfully satisfying, but I definitely do.



So, I know it looks like a bowl of cheese got mixed into it, but it's actually grated soap. Grating the soap was the most "difficult" part of making this, if you can call it difficult. Who knew making your own laundry soap could be so easy?!
Here's the  laundry detergent recipe I used, which was actually taken from another blog I came across a few weeks ago, The Beehive Cottage. Super cute website! I used the Fels Naptha soap and I also was able to find all the ingredients at WinCo. I wasn't sure where to find Washing Soda, I'd never heard of it before, but there it was, right next to the regular laundry detergents, so you shouldn't have too much trouble finding this stuff, wherever you're at.
Well, I'm gonna try out another Hourik recipe tonight...Chili relleno's! Happens to be one of my favorite things ever and hers are legendary...I'll let you know how they turn out.
Easter is just around the corner, I'm so excited! It's one of my favorite holidays, for many reasons. What are some of your favorite traditions and ways to celebrate Easter?

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs