April 8, 2011

Puppy Love & What I made this week...

Beignets. Delicious, incomparable beignets. If you've never had the pleasure of eating one, here's what they look like:


They are basically fried  doughnuts covered in powdered sugar, but fresh and hot, they are seriously amazing. And they are probably the most requested item I make! I'll add the link to the recipe I use, which is Paula Deen's, from Food Network. They are the best. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/french-quarter-beignets-recipe/index.html 
I would also recommend using Grapeseed oil and a deep fryer if you can get your hands on one. I used a deep fryer & the Grapeseed oil for that matter, for the first time this week and the oil made them very light and crispy (didn't seem as fatty as canola) and the fryer just made the whole process that much easier. Don't feel daunted by the recipe! It's seriously SOO simple and worth every minute of the effort!
I plan to write another blog, hopefully Sunday. I'm very excited to write this one, and will maybe include a video! Cisco and I are meeting up with my sister tomorrow to pick up our new little family member...a 5 year old Yorkshire Terrier named Levi. He's seriously the cutest thing! The boys don't know we're getting him yet (they caught on to the fact we're getting one, they just don't know when...I guess the leash and dog bed gave it away...), so I hope to videotape their faces when we come home with him. Can't wait!!!


No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs