September 25, 2012

I Vote YES on Prop 37

I have come to the conclusion that I only enjoy blogging when I have something specific to write about.  Like a journey I'm on in life. Something new I'm doing or trying where I can write about the different experiences and get ideas and encouragement from anyone who bothers to read what I'm writing. Right now that journey is health. Healthy eating and slowly removing all the chemicals and pesticides from my kitchen and life. I'm not following any specific diet (been there, done that...MANY times...), and I'm not swearing off anything forever either. I just found that recently I've been viewing food and health in a whole new light and have noticed I'm not the only one either. I wrote a post on Facebook last week about this, asking others how they live this lifestyle on a tight budget, and got some great info as well as encouragement that it is possible!! I wanted to continue the conversation without boring everyone on Facebook and create a "journal" of sorts through this new venture, so here I am! Back to the ol' blog. :)

I would love for people to comment and share about their journeys, as well. I'm no expert on health, but I really don't think it's rocket science either. I've tried WAY too many diets in my lifetime and read a few books on the subject, perhaps trying to find some "secret" no one else seems to know about. Surprise, every "secret" is simply eating more fruit, vegetables, and lean proteins and cutting out the trips to Dairy Queen! Duh. And, of course, getting off the couch. So, nothing new here!
But what has hit me lately, is how much processed, "fake" food we eat (tons of chemicals) coupled with cleaning and toiletries (a ton more chemicals) and I suddenly found myself on a revolt against it all. No wonder this world has so many health problems! I know I'm not sharing with you or even myself, anything new here at all. I can't name how many times I've heard the line "We're poisoning ourselves", but for some reason it all makes sense now.

So I'm planning on sharing recipes (for cooking, baking, cleaning, toiletries, etc.) on what I have found that is super spectacular and actually works. Also any great sales I find or ideas on how to save, and websites or links I find interesting and helpful. Cisco and I are currently on Dave Ramsey's financial plan, so we're working with a super tight budget here too folks! One little fun side note: I went to the Farmer's Market last weekend, after getting a burst of motivation on all this and hearing that many people are able to eat organic and healthy on little money. We got there towards the end of the day and about a half hour before people starting closing their booths. Well, I came to find out that day that if they aren't going to another market that day or the next, they will sell their produce for SUPER cheap! Like $1 a bag! So I ended up scoring a whole grocery bag full of vegetables for $4! And I mean a FULL grocery bag. I was so stoked and took it as a sign from the Lord that He was blessing my healthy endeavors! Really though, it was a great push into this and seeing the possibilities. On my part, I'm going to have to be wise and ease into it. Realistically I can't just go buy everything new right away. But I'm ok with that. And I'm finding that as each day rolls around and I wake up making the choice to be healthy, it's already a step in the right direction. :)




No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs