March 6, 2011

All in a Good Weekend....

Considering the amazing weather we had this weekend, we decided to make the most of it and took a little trip to San Diego on Saturday. We went to a favorite spot of ours, Balboa Park, and the boys had a blast climbing the incredibly perfect climbing trees there. We then finished the day off with some Chinese food (the boys fave!) and a little trip to Sprinkles cupcakes (my fave!). All in all, a pretty awesome day. :)
Today we had our Ladies High Tea, our first event of the semester for the female students here on campus. It was a super fun night and definitely one of the nicest events we've put on so far. I just love being a part of doing these events for the girls and look forward to them each semester. I came home and Cisco and I watched this new show called Secret Millionaire. By far one of the best shows I've seen in awhile, had me in full on tears in the first 10 minutes. Cisco and I have been praying for the past couple months about ways the Lord would want to use us in our community here. We have a few ideas, but no clear direction yet, and seeing this show tonight just gave me such a renewed excitement in it. We may not have millions (or even close to that, ha!) but we have the Lord and the lives He's given us. There's so much need in every community, and so many areas to help..so many precious people who need Jesus!
Lastly, a close friend of ours who is a young, local Senior Pastor here in Temecula and a teacher at the Bible College, was diagnosed with a brain tumor this past Friday. He has 2 young boys and I would ask anyone and everyone who reads this to pray for him and his family. He's waiting to get surgery to remove the tumor, but is in much pain and suffering in the meantime. I can't even imagine the intensity of this trial they are going through right now yet I know the Lord is near to those who call upon Him. They're names are Brent and Andrea Yim. Thank you for praying!

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs