March 1, 2011

Fear Pt. 2

Ok, so wow, my mind has seriously been blown away today. I debated back and forth in my mind whether or not to post that yesterday, as I didn't want it to be like some "self help" thing or something, but I'm so glad I did. I really was puzzled by the whole thing and those who responded, as well as the Lord just speakin like the dickens this morning, I just am so encouraged and really excited to see what He's going to do. I've been reading "Lies Women Believe and the Truth that sets them free" with a friend these past few weeks, and it's seriously been kicking my butt. Such a good book. Anyway, I was reading the chapter on priorities and she was talking about giving our best to God. And I came to realize, that when being gripped with fear we cannot give our best to God. And He deserves no less than that. It's about giving glory to Him and how can we glorify Him if we are withholding ourselves or parts of ourselves? We can't! Whew. Really got me. If I'm worried about what others are thinking my motives are in something or whatever the situation may be, it cripples me and causes me to fail. (Not passing the blame AT ALL, it's very much a CHOICE I've so unfortunately been making). Poop. I've been seriously praying for some time that He would show me what my deal is, and Praise Him, He just did!
Like I said a few posts back, this year is a year of change for me. I've known that since January 1, no kidding. Not in a "New Year resolution" kind of way, just something I've felt very strongly in my heart. And as the weeks have passed I've seen even more that the Lord is requiring a lot from me. I'm extremely excited but at the same time, very afraid. The things I know He's wanting are things I cannot fail at in my life any longer. I desire so much to rise to the occasion but honestly, didn't know if I could. Will I? Only time will tell...but I know I want to give Him my best.
"Yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. The Lord God is my strength; He will make my feet like deer's feet, and He will make me walk on my high hills." Habakkuk 3:18,19.

In other news and weather, my next post will be my first cooking post! Woo hoo! :) Most likely to come on Thursdays. Still trying to think of a clever lil' name for these segments, if anyone has any suggestions, pass 'em along! We have a home group at our house Wednesday nights so I'll most likely be sharing whatever concoction I've whipped up for the students. Wednesday has most definitely become my favorite day of the week, LOVE our little home group!
Well, I'm off to pick up Josiah from school and enjoy this beautiful afternoon with my little munchkins!

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs